Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Ctrl Alt WoW FFXIV Episode 20 - Island Sanctuaries And Patch 7.56

 

 AprilPvd and Grand Nagus discuss Final Fantasy XIV. Send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play.


Discord: https://discord.gg/5dtHtHCu

Grand Nagus:



Final Fantasy XIV

Yo-Kai Colab is back from Aug. 4 to Oct.5

 

Island Sanctuaries:

I'm working on multiple Island Sanctuaries atm.

I want to get to the point where i can buy things with the currency there that i would otherwise have to spend other currencies for, that i might need for other things, Cordials (a gathering consumable to restore GP) among them, as well as dyes of the second tier.

As with so much else, it takes some time to set up, but it's worth it in the long run, if nothing else, i can sell stuff i can get there on the MB. 

Honning Kage just reached Rank 12 and got access to the cave on the island.

M'kolon Kage is at Rank 5 closing in on Rank 6

Aeble Kage is getting close to Rank 10

Both M'kolon Celah and Jaffa Cake have finished leveling their sanctuaries and are gaining currency to get the items, just the way i want to.

 

Submersible Voyages:

We are starting to make money on the first sub. Not a lot, but profit for now.


We are running "O J" missions atm, each destination on any map has a letter designation, in order of the list that is set up for each dive map. So the first is "A" the second destination is "B" and so forth. They will also have a rising Rank requirement to get to, so the first might have Rank 1, or Rank 50, or Rank 70, depending on what Rank is required to explore any new map, but each first destination on any map will be designation "A". 

That way you know that, say "Sea of Ash A"  is the first destination of the "Sea of Ash" map. And the fact that "Sea of Ash" is the second map in the progression, and requires a sub to be at least Rank 50 to go to, you can see when you can go there with your sub. 

The "O J" voyage our sub is running is a basic first map route that gives us a chance of getting special loot that we can sell as is for gil.

Just before i started writing the show notes, i debriefed another O J voyage that brought us 85k worth of loot. We did have up to 380k gil on an earlier voyage, but that is RNG, like i explained in an earlier episode, the double dipping RNG, along with the standard RNG for bonus loot.

The previous voyage didn't have any bonus loot at all, yes, that happens too.

One O J voyage, currently, takes 22h and change. But as the sub ranks up, it will get better speed stats, among the other stats, and that will shorten the voyage's duration. 

 

We lost another lottery! Another one of those insane lotteries with 260+ bids. I have to say, though, it is a really, really nice plot. I would say it's my favorite MEDIUM plot in Limsa Lominsa's Mist housing ward. 





Email

 

Good day all 

So on D4 the ‘The Grandfather’ (a 2-handed sword) finally dropped for my Barbarian. I also reconfigured some of my gear and got a new pair of Mythic gloves with more applicable stats. I was clearing Pit 90 (Torment 11) quite easily. So I thought I’d give it a try to run the Pit on Torment 12… and I smashed it! 

I also jumped back onto my Rogue and got him to Torment 12 up from T6! 

I rolled a new Paladin, got him up to level 70 pretty quickly! I was not really enjoying levelling around the 50’s mark, so I changed a few things on a “Zeal” build and he suddenly became a lot of fun to play, cutting through enemies like a hot knife through butter! So far I took him from ‘normal’ to Torment 7 within an hour or so.. I just need to sort some of his gear out, get a few nice drops and I think he will be hitting torment 10, easily! 

I am really looking forward to hearing all the news that will be coming out of Blizcon (the 12th of September). 

Anyway.. 
Hope you are all well 

Take care 
Kep 

~~~~


Greetings AprilPVD and Grand Nagus,


Attached is my audio for this week. As usual, been in FFXIV and now in the current expansion 

Dawntrail. To preserve no spoilers, sadly no screenshots but maybe I'll get some selfies in for 

next time.


Cheers,


Rigarmorty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ctrl Alt WoW FFXIV Episode 21 - Same-Region Player Matching Is On The Horizon

  AprilPvd and Grand Nagus discuss Final Fantasy XIV. Send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play. Discord: https://disco...